Last evening as I looked out the window I noticed it was very foggy. It reminded me of an experience our family had the week before Christmas. We were driving home after visiting with friends in Alabama. It was dark and very foggy. In fact, although I was following my GPS, it was so foggy I had to stop on several occasions prior to making turns in order to try and see where the road was. I don’t know if I have ever been as happy (or relieved) as I was that night when we finally pulled into our driveway. It was so good to be finally home!
Sometimes life feels like driving through dense fog. We can’t see too far ahead and certainly can’t see what is around the corner. So what are we to do? We need to keep moving ahead. We can take one day at a time, following God and trusting Him with every step. After all, He knows what lies ahead so we can definitely trust Him. Solomon, the wisest man apart from Christ to walk planet Earth, penned these words, Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Prov. 3:5-6). We can trust Him with life and every detail of life—that includes eternal life (Rom. 3:22). We can trust Him to guide each step along life’s journey (Ps. 23:2). Regardless of what lies ahead we can trust that He will give us the grace we need to see us through just as He did the Apostle Paul (2 Cor. 12:9). And since we can trust Him, there is no need for us to waste a moment of our time worrying about what lies ahead (Matthew 6:34). After all, most of what we worry about never happens…and even if it does, worrying has never changed anything. So, when you find yourself walking through life’s fog trust God to see you through, knowing that He will continue leading you safely until you arrive at Home with Him (John 14:1-3).
I hope you'll enjoy this song, "Where I Belong."
No comments:
Post a Comment