It was 7:25 p.m. on December 19, 1996, when she came into the world and forever changed our lives! She was so tiny and soft and so helpless -- I did not want to let her out of my sight for one second! It was so exciting to be able to take her home to her new room in her new home. Of course, nights were never the same again. Sleep was hard to come by!
Through the years so much has changed. She is no longer the tiny baby who I can hold with one hand but instead has grown into a beautiful young lady. She no longer has a little patch of hair but instead beautiful long blond hair. Instead of screaming and crying she now sings beautifully and laughs a lot. Oh yea, and she has that beautiful, sweet smile that steals your heart.
At times I look at her and wonder, where does the time go? I lie down beside her in her bed and recall the times I would rock her to sleep at night. I watch her reading a book and recall the days she'd sit in my lap and I'd read to her. I see her climb a tree and remember those times when I would hold her up so she could reach the monkey bars. I watch her swinging and remember those times when I would get to push her. I listen as she sings her solo in the youth Christmas musical and tears come to my eyes...my little girl is growing up!
Haley, you are one special young lady! God blessed my life the day you entered this world and each day since has been a blessing. I hope you know how special you are to me and your mom, and to all of your family for that matter. But I also hope you know just how special you are to God, your heavenly Daddy, who loves you so much more than I could ever love you. Thanks for being so special, so sweet, and for spreading so much sunshine into each of our lives!
I love you my precious daughter! Happy Birthday Haley!
No comments:
Post a Comment