Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time for God?

You make known to me the path of life; 
in your presence there is fullness of joy; 
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. 

Several years ago I was in a conversation with a friend who said, “I realized recently that I have not been as joyful as I used to be. Then while reading Psalm 16 I found out why: I had not been spending enough time in God’s presence.”

What about you? Are you experiencing that inner joy that comes from God or are the cares of this life distracting you from spending time in God’s presence? In Psalm 16 David acknowledged that his life, and well-being for that matter, was totally dependent upon God. God was David’s refuge (Psalm 16:1,2). David also acknowledged that God was the center of his life. David writes, “I have set the LORD always before me” (Psalm 16:8). As a result of making God his refuge and the center of his life, David’s heart was glad and his whole being rejoiced (Psalm 16:9).

Is God your refuge? Is He the center of your life? If so, like David, you will find time and take time to spend time in God’s presence because it is only in His presence that you and I will experience fullness of joy!

No comments: